Monday 6 May 2013

...MEDIOCRE LOVE...




So I spent the whole of last week but one rehearsing for a play which I might say was truly amazing!!! Its been a while since I did something major on stage and it really felt amazing. The props, the lighting, the costumes, the sound, and not forgetting the amazing people I met! One particular person struck me the most and he’s the reason as to why am writing this post/article.
For the sake of his identity I won’t mention names but he’s a new friend. He’s those people who you meet and immediately like them. For one (and I know he’ll never let me forget this), he has those cute baby faces with an amazing smile. And mostly he has a really awesome heart. 

Anyway before I digress and forget the main point in all this, my new friend has a huge crush on another friend of mine. He has those cute puppy love crushes we once had when we were teenagers and since he’s one, am guessing he’s allowed to have it. Anyway, as we were talking somewhere in the week he was telling me how whenever he sees ‘his lady’ (even though he hasn’t officially asked her out at least in real life) he has this unexplainable feeling. And he even gave this weird explanation. Since we were standing next to a pole, he said ‘if she were the pole, he would want to stand there all day long’ and just be around her vicinity. And you should see how he was aimlessly staring at her during rehearsal. It was cute to see it and it got me wondering.
What happens to us when we grow a bit older? We are so afraid to truly express our true emotions to the people we really care about. We are so worried about what they’ll say and what other people will say. We want to do our best in everything except when it comes to love. We do things half way when it comes to relationships because we want to keep one foot in and one foot out …just incase something happens, we want to have a way out. A lee way somewhere, an exit strategy… what   happened to being crazy in love…keyword being ‘crazy’…I mean there are a million and one songs out there and a majority of them have to do with love. What is this crazy unexplainable feeling called love. They say love is not a feeling it’s a choice. We feel feelings of liking somebody then we go ahead and CHOOSE to love them. They say that there is always a child inside each and every one of us…but what happens when it comes to love...that inner innocent child who loves with no restrain is locked in and the key thrown away!


There are people who dedicate their lives to their jobs, business and they give their all…but why do we do mediocre things when it comes to love.  Why do we take the people we love or who love us for granted. Why do we always assume that they are meant to be there and that since we know that they know that we love them, we don’t need to tell them anymore or show them…i Googled quotes on love and I found a billion of them, but there’s one that really struck me…unless its mad, passionate, crazy love, I don’t want it! There are too many mediocre things in life, LOVE shouldn’t be one of them.
My prayer is that God will teach me(us) how to love selflessly as He is the benchmark and ultimate definition of LOVE. For Love is patient, love is kind, love rejoices with the truth, it always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. But all in all love never fails! May the love we give be nothing close to mediocre love.

7 comments:

  1. Like, like, like. Love is pure, forgiving and never fails :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brenda Alungat... I am sharing this with the world. This is so true... I cant even begin to imagine... I am a victim of mediocre love...yes i said it... I am a victim.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Libby, go ahead and share it...and thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. unless its mad, passionate, crazy love, I don’t want it! There are too many mediocre things in life, LOVE shouldn’t be one of them.

    I agree!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love should never be mediocre...

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow!!.............got me thinking......

    ReplyDelete