Friday 17 May 2013

Truly blessed and highly favored




The happiest people don’t necessarily have the best of everything. The just make the best of what they have. Rich is the man whose greatest wealth is not money. As a famous quote goes: The poorest person is he whose only wealth is money. There’s an old  Sunday school song that just blesses my heart:  count your blessings name them one by one, count your blessings see what God has done count your blessings name them one by one, and it will surprise you what the Lord has done.




 My birthday is coming up in a few hours time …yeeey…. and I look back at the years I’ve lived and my life is filled with joy, love, happiness and God’s blessings everyday. So as I count down the hours, I am also counting my blessings and naming them one by one. Life is not about the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away…

My father is one man I look up to. He’s the definition of what a man really is. I have never lacked a day in my life, and I don’t know about you, but for me that is more than a blessing. And out of the many wonderful attributes he has, his greatest is his generosity.

My mom is a woman whose love courage and determination has seen my siblings and I through the years. To others she’s referred to as Miss Morgan coz of her strict nature, to others she’s the happy woman, to others she’s Mama Brenda, but to me, she’s my loving mother.


I am privileged to have a sister who is also my friend. Someone who really knows me and still loves me all the same. To my lovely sister, Family made us sisters, life made us friends.


My brother is a handful and though many are the times you’ve pushed my patience to the limit, you are one man who’d make drop everything I have for you.





I have a best friend who works for a major local TV station but will always make time for me whenever I need her. Even when I have non-relevant boy problems.  Robert bault said “I value the friend who for me finds time on his calendar, but I cherish the friend who for me does not consult his calendar”


I have a friend who truly defines the meaning of “a friend in need is a friend indeed”. My dear namesake, it’s been 9 years, but like wine our friendship has grown better with age.


I have friend who prays for me even when I forget to pray for my self. And as Janice Hughes said “Rich is the person who has a praying friend.” 


I am privileged to have a friend who I’ve known since I was in class one and who always looks out for me. And I know that no matter what direction life takes us, I know for a fact that nothing will ever change so much to the point where we're not still friends.



I have a friend who cares much about me that the other day he called and before we even spoke he was apologizing because he was worried that I’d not forgive him for forgetting my birthday even though the day has even arrived.


You never realize how weird your friends are until you have to describe them to someone else
 I have a friend who the circumstances, under which we met, can only be described as weird, but over the years, we’ve become very good friends. He gives me unbiased advice and his opinion is one I truly value. He’s the only reason I read pulse.


 I have a learned friend whose definition of teaching you something is, pushing you in the deep end of the pool and shouting “swim”...no warning before hand, no time to even change to a swim suit. This quote best describes us “The only reason God didn’t make us sisters is because one mom couldn't handle us both’’


I have friends who work miles and miles away..One in lodwar, another in garissa but still distance has had no effect to our friendship.


I have friends who are so rooted in the word of God, that their zeal encourages me to keep the faith.


I have client who’s just not a client. I don’t go to their office in a hurry coz for us, it’s just not business as usual.


I have a friend who’s an awesome DJ…so, my wedding is already sorted.


I have another friend whose photography will blow your mind away… so yes, again, my wedding is sorted.


I have a friend who’s so full of life and so fun to be around with that the day he got his national i.d. he sent me a photo of it!


I am privileged to have more than one family. You guys make my Sundays each time and a Sunday spent away from you is not a complete one for me. Seekers and cradle team, you fill my life with joy. And not forgetting my crossroads family.


I’ve been blessed to have work colleagues, who make going to work something to look forward to.


Sometimes we need to be hurt in order to grow. We must fail in order to know. We must lose in order to gain. Some lessons are learned best through pain.  I’ve been hurt and even taken advantage of by some but am grateful that I’ve experienced love from those who gave it to me.


Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born. I have friends that I haven’t mentioned in this post but am grateful for the footprints you’ve left in my heart. I still have a long way to go but am not worried about the future. I have my own share of challenges but as you can see, I am surrounded with love and this far, I’ve been truly blessed and highly favored!

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ME!



1 comment: