Tuesday 21 May 2013

A prayer for the future...





To my future husband,

I pray that the day we meet it will be an ordained day filled with all the happiness that comes from meeting the first time. I pray that the journey we’ll begin together will be a journey guided by the Holy Spirit. I pray that our journey will be filled with purity from the start till the very end. I pray that even though during our journey we may have to cross river Jordan or walk in the desert for a few days, we’ll keep our trust in God and look up to Him for the day we arrive in Canaan.  I pray that the on that day when we finally say “I Do”, it will be a day when it wouldn’t matter what we’ve had to go through in our lives because we’ll finally have met each other.

I pray that we’ll always feel safe in each others presence. That we can tell each other everything without any fear of judgment. The good, the bad and the downright ugly. I pray that no matter what we’ll happen between us, I know that you’ll always be there. And that honesty will be our guiding principle. I pray that we’ll be comfortable with each other to a point of being silly together, a point of being mad at each other but still comfortable to know that we still care for each other, a point of trusting one another that it will always be us against the world, and comfortable to even tell one another the embarrassing moments, the scary moments, the uncertain moments and most of all, we’ll be able to share our joys together. I pray that the journey you are on now is a journey that’s leading you closer to God since that’s the only way we can be assured of strength when our own fail. I pray that you faithfulness and trust in God is enough to cover both you and me. Because God knows there are times I will need you to be strong for the both of us.


 








I pray that the children God will bless us with will be the source of your joy…joy that can only be brought when they come into our lives. I pray that they will be the reason you wake up everyday. And that you will ask for directions and guidance from God since there is no ultimate manual for parenting. I pray our children will one day make us proud and that they will be your greatest achievement in life. I pray that the under- baked cake your 6year old daughter will have made will be the best cake you’ll ever eat. I pray that the drawing your son will draw for you, even though the only thing he knows how to draw is stick figures, will be your most prized possession. I pray that you will give them up to the Lord because the parenting job gets easier with Him around. I pray that when they turn into troublesome teenagers we’ll pray the most for direction, coz God knows, we will need it. And once they are done being teenagers and they are finding their direction in life in their twenties, I pray that we’ll be able to let them make their own choices but guide them all the same. I pray that you’ll have the strength to let go of your daughter on her wedding day knowing that the prayers you’ll have made for her, will keep her well.


I pray that when we are old and senile, we’ll still be able to look at each other with the same eyes we first looked at each other. I pray that when we look back at the life we’d have lived, we’ll be able to hold hands and thank the Lord for the far He’d have brought us. I pray that our story will be a story that will inspire generations to come to stick it out in marriage and that they will know that when something gets broken, you don’t throw it out, you fix it. I pray that when our grandchildren come to visit, we’ll ask for strength from God because their energy and the love they have to offer may be too strong for our aging bodies. I pray that we’d have raised our children to be the best that they can be and that the lessons we’d have taught them, will be passed to their children. And when that day comes, I pray that we’ll be walking together on the streets of heaven rejoicing and praising our Savior for eternity.


3 comments:

  1. awwwwwwwwww. I looooooveeeeeeeeeeeeeee it missy.
    I pray that every girl in the workd makes this prayer

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a power prayer!!! Amen and Amen to this prayer.

    ReplyDelete